Monday, August 24, 2009
Jalapeño pepper & roasted peanut slaw
1 1/2 cups roasted unsalted organic peanuts
3/4 medium cabbage
1 1/2 cups cocktail tomatoes, washed and cut into quarters
1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
1 1/2 limes, juice of
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Cut the cabbage into quarters, cut out the core and using a sharp knife cut each section into very thin slices.
2. Combine the cabbage, diced jalapeño and cilantro in a large non reactive bowl.
3. In a med size bowl combine the Olive oil, lime juice and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss well.
4. Add the peanuts, toss again, and lastly add your tomato slices and toss once very lightly (so you don't get mushy tomatoes)
5. season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.