Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Peanut Butter Crunch Squares
It's Buckarooken's birthday so I made him some treats .
1/3 cup organic agave syrup
1/3 cup sucanat (brown sugar if you can't find it)
1 cup organic natural valencia peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups organic gluten free cornflakes (broken up with your hands)
1 cup organic gluten free crisp rice cereal (broken up with your hands)
1. Melt the agave syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan on med. Turn off heat, add the peanut butter, stir and add remaining ingredients.
2. Press into a 8" square pan.
3. Refrigerate until set.
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp lemon juice; fresh
3 cups powdered sugar
(alternate to icing- melt dark chocolate and spread a layer on top of the squares instead! yum)
1. Put the yogurt in a square of cheesecloth.
2. Gather the corners & tie them around a spoon handle. Dangle the yogurt over a bowl,
using the spoon handle to suspend it. Let sit about 40 minutes. Gently
twist until the cheesecloth tightens around the ball of yogurt. More
liquid should drip out, don't twist so hard the yogurt oozes out.
3. In a medium bowl, add the yogurt to the remaining ingredients, blend until
smooth. Spread on lightly on cooled peanut butter squares.