Sunday, February 6, 2011
oven-baked red snapper & shiitake parcels
This Japanese style recipe is so delicious and easy, yet very very healthy. It takes no time at all and you are rewarded with an amazingly flavorful meal.
4 red snapper fillets (100g each)
1/2 tsp vegetable oil, for brushing
8 caps fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
8 thinly sliced pieces of broccoli
4 slices of lime, sliced thin
4 Tbsp sake
4 tsp GF soy sauce
1 tsp. ginger juice (squeezed from grated fresh ginger)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Put each snapper fillet on a piece of foil (about a 12"square), and brush with vegetable oil.
3. Arrange 2 shiitake mushroom caps, 2 or three slices of broccoli and a slice of lime on top of each fish.
4. Pour portions of the the sake, soy sauce and ginger juice over each parcel.
5. Gather together the edges of the foil, seal tightly and bake the parcels on a baking tray in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Plate each parcel individually and allow your guests to open their own parcel.
WE loved this dish. The fish is steamed perfectly in a mere 10 minutes