Monday, March 16, 2009
NEW Chocolate Macaroons
pre-heat oven to 350°F
3 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 Tbsp. Organic Blue Agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut oil (melted)
1 1/2 cups shredded organic coconut
2 Tbsp. Organic Cocoa
1. In a large mixing bowl, Whisk egg whites and salt until stiff
2. Combine the melted coconut oil in a small bowl with the Organic Blue Agave and vanilla
3. Fold agave syrup mixture, coconut and cocoa into the beaten egg whites until combined. don't over mix.
4. spoon tablespoons of mixture onto parchment paper lined baking sheet
5. gently shape the tops of the macaroons into a peak with your fingers
6. bake in 350°F oven for 14 minutes.