Saturday, March 28, 2009
the breakfast sausage is a treat. All natural, gluten free maple breakfast sausage's available locally from Spolumbos.
2 fresh free range eggs
1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1 small tomato diced
salt and pepper
ghee or butter
1. heat a small amount of butter or ghee in a small non stick pan on med heat.
2. in a small bowl, whisk the two eggs together with some salt and pepper
3. pour the egg mixture into the warmed pan and let it spread to the edges
4. when the mixture has begun to set, carefully lift an edge (with a heat resistant spatula) to allow the liquid that is on top to run underneath the setting egg. do this several times until all the liquid has been lifted from the top of your omelette.
5. when the omelette is fully set add your diced pepper and tomato to the center of the omelette. do not overfill. carefully fold over the sides of the omelette towards the center. one side and then the other. salt and pepper to taste and serve right away.
Serve with fresh fruit.