All Images © 2010 Lori Andrews

Do not use these images without my written permission

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Anti- flu diet


I haven't posted a new recipe for a while. That's because I am concentrating on eating fresh fruit, steamed and raw veggies, eggs and fish. Many of my friends have fallen ill and tons of my clients and contacts have contracted the flu. Eating an exemplary diet is part of my plan to stay healthy, as is going to bed at a reasonable time and getting enough exercise. I also plan to go get a flu shot, possibly next week. Until then, I have been sauté crazy. Mushrooms, leafy greens, (like spinach, pea shoots and Mâche), peppers, and any other veggie I can cook in minutes. Today I grilled a bell pepper with a little olive oil in a cast iron pan. When that was done, I threw in several handfuls of mâche and quickly wilted it, a little dash of course salt and lunch was ready. A handful of nuts for protein and I'm back to work.

Stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Where are you finding pea shoots and mache? I think I need to expand my grocery shopping destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my local coop has the mâche and community foods has the pea shoots. We are really lucky to have excellent grocery stores within walking distance. I think they provide a wider variety because of the inner city location

    ReplyDelete