Sunday, June 13, 2010
This recipe uses no processed flours. Just almond flour (you can make your own in a food processor or buy it at a health food store). It's really delicious.
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup soda water or sparkling water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp sucanat (or sugar)
(a bit of oil for the griddle as well)
1. Mix your dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs until soft peaks begin to appear.
3. Preheat your non stick griddle on medium with about a teaspoon vegetable oil.
4. Add your oil and water to the eggs and stir to blend just a couple of stirs.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mix and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. Don't over mix.
6. Spoon your pancake batter onto the griddle. These pancakes won't bubble like "regular" pancakes, so you simply flip them when they are browned on the bottom. If you keep them smallish it is easier to determine if the pancakes are done. We made about nine- 3" diameter pancakes.
7. Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, butter, jam, whichever you prefer.