All Images © 2010 Lori Andrews

Do not use these images without my written permission

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gluten Free Breakast Sandwich


Ingredients:
4 slices of Gluten free, soy free, dairy free bread (I chose Quinoa Raisin bread, as I like a little sweet at breakfast) toasted

2 hard boiled eggs (to boil eggs: place 2 eggs in a pot, cover over with water, bring to full boil, reduce heat to med/low and boil lightly for 10 more minutes. remove pot from heat and run eggs in pot under cold water until cooled , I usually just replace the hot water with cold and then add some ice cubes to the pot and let it sit for 5 minutes)

1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
1 Tbsp. grated carrot
1/2 Tbsp grated celery
1 Tbsp minced red bell pepper
1 Tbsp cilantro lightly chopped
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp. extra virgin organic olive oil
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. peel the eggs and separate the egg yolks from the whites.
2. mash the egg yolks in a bowl and combine with the olive oil, dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, cilantro and a dash of salt and pepper
3. dice the egg whites and combine with the remaining ingredients (except the sprouts) to the yolk mixture. stir and combine (you can mash slightly but don't make it all mushy). salt and pepper to taste.
4. spoon egg mixture onto warm toasted bread and top with fresh broccoli sprouts

you can replace the broccoli sprouts with sliced avocado if your in the mood. Serve with fresh tomato slices for a nice lunch.

3 comments:

  1. I recently went gluten free and feel much better after three or so weeks. I think I'll have to subscribe to your blog because your food looks so yummy.

    Where do you get the bread? Is it local for you? I got some ENER-G brand bread and it was terrible. I'm hoping there's something better out there. We seem to have wheat free local bread, but not gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my bread from my local health food store. bakery- Earth's Oven, www.earthsoven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will try this very soon....maybe dinner or lunch tomorrow...do you know how it keeps, my son will not be in until late tonight if i make these for dinner will it keep until 11:00 (i don't usually feed him that late but he is on a church retreat and the menu was nothing but carbs and sugar and junk like sunny d, he will be feeling awful tomorrow i'm sure)

    Anyhoo, thanks for these delicious ideas i have been in such a rut lately (mostly because of time)

    Have a great weekend!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete