Wednesday, February 11, 2009
8 oz of Halibut or cod
1 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
1 1/4 cup organic mango juice
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
4 red hot chilies, sliced very thin
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp. salt
1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
1. preheat oven to 250 F
2. combine 2/3 cup mango juice (set the remainder aside) , 2/3 cup coconut milk (set the remainder aside) , salt, sliced red chilies and 1 Tbsp ginger (set the remaining ginger aside) in an oven proof baking dish.
3. Preheat the juice mixture in the baking dish on the stove top on med. heat until bubbly.
4. Add fish and place in oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes (until fish is opaque)
5. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining mango juice, coconut milk and ginger and heat on med/low, stirring frequently until the liquid has reduced. (about 15 minutes)
6. Heat a medium frying pan on medium heat, add the shredded coconut and stir frequently until golden brown. Remove from heat immediately and set aside.
7. When the fish is cooked, plate individually, serve with brown rice, generously sprinkle with toasted coconut and diced mango pieces and pour some of the mango/coconut reduction on the fish and rice for sweetness. Go ahead and use the coconut milk mixture from the baking dish as well. :) YUM!