Sunday, February 15, 2009
Thai green curry chicken
1 small chicken or 1/2 of large chicken cleaned, de-boned and chopped into pieces
1 red & 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped into bite size pieces
3 whole kaffir lime leaves
2 stalks lemongrass, cut into 4 to 3 inch lengths (remove dry outer leaves and cut off bulb)
1 cup loose fresh asian basil
handful fresh cilantro chopped
1 tablespoon dry shredded coconut for serving
Green Curry Sauce Ingredients:
1 can coconut milk
3 green chillies minced
1 small cooking onion, minced
3 cloves garlic pressed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
1/2 Tbsp ground coriander
3 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp. sucanat
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.Place chicken pieces in a large covered casserole dish
3. mince and stir all of the green curry sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken. add lemongrass lengths plus lime leaves. stir well
5. cover and place in oven. bake for 45 minutes at 375.
6. after 45 minutes, remove from oven, add bell peppers, stir well and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, stir the curry and taste test, may need more fish sauce (for salt), lime, (for less salt) or coconut milk (to tame spicy) or sucanat (to tame sour)
8. remove lemongrass stalks. do not eat the lemongrass.
9. serve with a generous sprinkling of fresh basil, coriander and shredded coconut.
goes well with my coconut rice recipe.
add some sprouts on top for extra taste