Saturday, June 6, 2009
Gluten Free Pancakes
1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour
2 tsp. sucanat
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup organic buttermilk
1/4 cup organic milk
1 large egg separated with egg white beaten to soft peaks
2 Tbsp. butter , melted
vegetable oil for griddle
1. Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
2. in another bowl combine the melted butter and the egg yolk, add the buttermilk, milk and fold in the egg white
3. dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until "just" mixed. don't over mix.
4. heat griddle or skillet over medium high heat and brush with oil. pour the batter (about 1/4 cup at a time ) onto the griddle but don't overcrowd! when the bottoms are browned and the top surface begins to bubble, flip (2 or 3 minutes), cook the remaining side until browned. repeat until all the batter is gone!
5. top with fruit and real Canadian maple syrup.