Sunday, July 5, 2009
Grilled Salmon fillets with Papaya Salsa
This recipe is adapted from my fav recipe source, the food network (Canada)
2 large salmon fillets (about 250 grams each)- fresh Pacific Sockeye salmon
salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 mango's, cubed (google how to do this if you have not used mango's before)
1 fresh papaya, cut in half, seeds removed and cubed
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 limes, juice of
1 tsp. lime zest
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place cubed mango's and papaya in a large ceramic bowl, add the diced onion, peppers, chopped basil and garlic.
2. Mix in the lime juice and zest, add the olive oil and red wine vinegar and stir. season to taste with some salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
preheat grill to med/high heat
1. Season room temperature salmon fillets with salt and pepper. lightly brush with extra virgin olive oil
2. Lightly brush the grill with olive oil as well
3. Grill fish, starting flesh side down for about 2 minutes per side until done (the flesh should all be opaque)
serve immediately with Papaya salsa.
um yah. it's really delicious. serve with a nice side salad like we did or rice or potatoes if you want your starch.