All Images © 2010 Lori Andrews

Do not use these images without my written permission

Monday, July 20, 2009

simple brown rice breakfast


If I'm making brown rice for dinner, I always make a little extra. That way there is a fast and easy breakfast at the ready for the next morning.

Reheat your rice and then top with diced fruit salsa. Today I had market strawberries, apricot and plums, but you could use any fruit that might be in season. Raspberries, blackberries, mango, pears, whatever! If your fruit is a bit tart , drizzle with a bit of organic blue agave syrup. You could also use some fresh or shredded coconut, dried blueberries, sunflower seeds and almond milk. Just be sure to add a good helping of milled flax and voilá! a healthy and delicious breakfast in seconds.

5 comments:

  1. rice for breakfast... hard to wrap my brain around that one. i will try it before i pass judgement ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious, don't know why it never occurs to me to have rice for breakfast... I'll have to give it a shot one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had left over brown rice so i tried this today for lack of anything else to eat. brown rice topped with chopped strawberries, plums, blueberries & raspberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon. it's actually quite delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right ?! I also just love the smell of rice cooking. so nutty smelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have discovered brown rice with a drizzel of organic maple syrup and a sigle brown oraganic egg with a touch of pepper is a delicious, healthy and filling breakfast meal.

    ReplyDelete