Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Simple Grilled Beet Salad
3 medium beets, trimmed and washed
1/4 cup Raspberry vinegar
small handful of fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch fresh salad greens, washed and cut into bite size pieces.
1. In a medium saucepan, boil beets in water for about 15 minutes. Should still be somewhat firm when done.
2. Remove beets from saucepan with tongs and slice into rounds. Beets will stain your hands so wear rubber gloves if you handle them.
3. Make a quick raspberry vinaigrette with the oil, vinegar, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Whisk and separate into 2 small bowls.
4. Preheat your barbecue to low/med, oil grill with some olive oil, place beets on grill and brush on some raspberry vinaigrette from one of your bowls. Turn after 2 minutes, brush with vinegar again and grill another few minutes until done.
5. Toss your salad greens with the other bowl of vinaigrette and serve with grilled beets.
Yumith! and pretty too!